[tcb] Re: rubber

  • From: Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 19:05:37 -0500

I got most of my rubber from Bus Depot:
http://www.busdepot.com/
I have heard good things about the rubber from OE Veedub as well:
http://www.oeveedub.com/
You can check Ratwell's site for more info on rubber, or just about anything bay window related:
http://www.ratwell.com/
Hope that helps......

On Oct 24, 2006, at 5:26 PM, Peter Albarian wrote:

Hey Brian,
Before this current restoration on my '62, I would have said that WW was the best way to go. Then I had major problems installing the skylight glass because their rubber is too thick and doesn't fit correctly; cost me a few expensive pieces of og Sigla glass. I ended up paying a bit more for very worthy German rubber (just for the skylights) that I got from Ronnie at Old Buses in Arizona. Now I know the German rubber is more accuratly molded and more expensive. For most glass installations, the WW rubber works just fine though.
Peter

BlackBerry service provided by Nextel