[tcb] Re: rubber

  • From: Sammie Smith <slsmith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 17:00:01 -0500

My 2 cents. I try to buy all of my VW rubber from Wolfsburg. It is not West Coast Metric stuff (which I do not like), but their own production and I have never had any complaints about any of it. Back when Bob Scott (now deceased) owned Vintage VW I got most of my rubber from Vintage. After he sold the business I started using Wolfsburg for almost all my stuff. If you are doing vintage Wolfsburg is probably on the best supplier on most of the stuff. They are not cheap, but they run a good business. My priority list on all vintage parts is 1. Wolfsburg, if the don't have it 2. Vintage VW, if they don't have it 3. BFY Obsolete Parts.

All of the preceding applies to split window busses and pre 68 bugs only. Have never messed with anything later than 67 except for Shelley's Thing and occasionally helping a friend out who has a later model.

At 02:41 PM 10/24/2006, you wrote:

is wolfsburg west the best place to buy window seals? or is there a better place. mainly need the front windshield right now.

Get FREE company branded e-mail accounts and business Web site from Microsoft Office Live http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/mcrssaub0050001411mrt/direct/01/