[tcb] Re: electrical issues

  • From: "Gerald V. Livingston II" <gvl2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 14:18:28 -0500 (Central Standard Time)

In a "real" euro-spec if you have the key on your blinkers work like ours
do (flash flash flash). If you have the key off and the headlight switch
off they work like ours do (no flash, no light). If you have the headlight
switch on and turn the blinker switch the lights (not the headlights, the
others) on THAT SIDE of the car come on and stay on (no flash, yes lights).

(And, once again, different designs for different makes -- some don't need
the headlight switch on to activate the additional feature, just the key
off -- but that risks leaving one set of lights on 24/7 if one has a busted
blinker switch.)

So, who knows why?

G2