[tcb] Re: Welding and stuff

  • From: christian wohlfahrt <cwnation@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 20:49:31 -0500

Found a guy on the samba, he is offering to send me the top section of the nose with shipping from canada for $110.

He still has to send me some pix. He told mr the steel is pretty solid, except for some pitting.

Just wondering if that is a good deal, or should I wait for something better?

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 21, 2009, at 11:47 AM, Neil <nbmdude@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yep, I know mine wuz brakin' alot!  ;)
I'm still sufferin' the effects of an old high school english teacher I had! That old bitch used to use me as the bad example of butcherin' the english language! She also gave me the worse nickname EVER used in highschool...so bad, I'll never tell what it was! She WAS a pretty good teacher I guess, just MEAN spirited! If ya need some german steel, I've got an old 71 parts bus that'll be donated once I get all the usuable parts off...Takin' me way longer than I thought it wood!

From: christian wohlfahrt
<cwnation@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [tcb] Welding and stuff
To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
<tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Friday, March 20, 2009, 7:30 PM
This summer I am planning on replacing some of the
rusted
out steal on my bus.

I have not welded since highschool, but I have
been
watching allot of YouTube videos about mig welding
:)

Still working on getting a rig and gathering the
steal.

Found bus depot and Wolfsburg for ordering steal.

I am looking for more places to get steal from.
Also
looking for a nose that I could pick up oppose to
having it
shipped. 200$ just for shipping a nose. just the
top of the
nose would be enough. ;)
My doglegs are also trashed.

Great welding advise is also requested.