[tcb] Tighter valves?

  • From: Julie <julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 18:10:40 -0600

Three weeks ago I put on my new stock exhaust and switched out my valve adjust screws which of course meant adjusting my valves.

It is 1500 miles later and a beautiful day and I had some extra time so I thought I'd have a look-see to make sure everything seems ok. Here's what I found: the exhaust valves on 1, 2, and 3 were tighter than I had set them. I could not get the .006 feeler gauge in. I could get the .005 in but it certainly didn't slide in easily.

Should I be worried? Is there something I might have done incorrectly? Should I take some action? (I have loosened the tight ones already.) What makes valves tighten?

Sent from my iPhone