[tcb] The eskimo bus has been hit

  • From: Eskimeaux <cajun-eskimo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texas Coalition of busses <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 22:11:20 -0500

Just drove 7 miles to Mark and Em house to borrow some tow lights for the bus
to tow it to the Spring for a weekend of fun. Half way back sitting at a stop
sign, waiting my turn to go and a drunk driver smashes into the front drivers
side of the bus! I get out look at the damage he doesn't move then I see him
trying to back up but someone is behind him blocking him, I step in front of
his truck asking him repeatedly asking him to off his truck and he looks at me
with drunken confusion, three minutes I stand in front of his truck asking him
to turn it off then he puts it in drive and begins to roll towards me. I jump
out of the way and some cars behind me at the stop sign swerve in front of him
to stop him and he goes into the ditch hit a 45 MPH speed sign and keeps flying
down the road. Two witnesses stayed one a pi and the other a undercover
officer, the undercover agent try to chase him but he gets away. Turns out the
guy has already had 2 DUI's (well informed tow truck driver that knows the
officer) and the police know him. Couldn't drive the bus as the fender, wheel
well bent into the front drivers side tire. Tow truck home 80 bucks, still
amped up on adrenalin and already wondering where to take the bus to have it
fixed. I didn't want to try and pull him out of the truck (ford f 150 red) as
he was clearly wasted and much bigger then my lean athletic frame small humor
is a moment of sadness, and once I saw in his eyes he was going to drive over
me I jumped. This is so not good! OK that's my sad story. We have talked about
insurance on here so I will let everyone know how Hagerty full coverage with a
Agreed value of 20 k works out.

Guy's where should I take my deluxe 1966 type II too?

He was turning right onto the road I was on swung way wide and his drivers
front end hit my drivers front end.

Didn't have a camera to take pictures at the seen but soon I will have lots of
pictures of the damage

Bummed out  Cajun Eskimo AKA Christopher Dirksen