[tcb] Re: King Pins Question

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 07:42:33 -0700 (PDT)

Oh, and I forgot.  This is a reminder to Denis to grease the front end ever so
often.

Biggestdaddyo <biggestdaddyo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:  So the old westy bus was
getting kinda sloppy in the front end. I've replaced center drag link pivot and
tie rod ends. It felt better but still wandered a bit down the road. I took it
to the alignment place and they set the toe-in but proclaimed that the king
pins are too worn to really align it properly. They recommended replacement. I
took the bus to John Pierce (now in Converse TX) and he informs me that he
can't do bus kingpins because it requires a special "reamer" for the bushings
thats larger than the ones for Type 1.

I'm surely not the first to face this dillema. My question is, what does
everyone else do? Send the spindle assemblies off to someone in distant lands?
or is there someone in Texas that can do this specialized machine work?

James Oliver