[tcb] Re: I don't understand?

  • From: Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 14:39:42 -0600

On Dec 8, 2004, at 1:26 PM, Gerald V. Livingston II wrote:

> $$$$
>
> Ennis is not planned/run by VW enthusiasts. It is run by Action
> Motorsports. It is not a VW show, it's an Action Motorsports
> advertisement.

Jack Wink talked to me at Eureka Springs like he had some kind of input
to the organizers. He also got on the AirCoolers board
and spoke like he has some input. I know Jack owns Black Gold, so I
don't see how he can justify planning a event opposite shows put on by
the people he is seeking as customers. I don't see how it helps his
business. Maybe I am wrong and it is all Action Motorsports doing.

> They do have some constraints due to the venue. Since it's at the track
> they have to schedule the dates at least a year in advance I suppose

All of the problems I see with this show are related to the drag
racing, the shade free environment, the high cost of getting in, the
cost of the refreshments, the asinine rainout policy, and the on going
date switching are all caused by it being at a drag strip. I say if I
need drag racing I can see it lots of places. I just wish the rest of
the world would realize there are better shows and swap meets to go to
and sell at than Ennis.

>  They run it like a VW show with
> races as a bonus.
>
> Gerald
>
> On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 12:39:52 -0600 Dan Martin
> <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>

>> I just don't understand why the show at Ennis is putting their show
>> and
>> the same day as or the day after shows that have been around for
>> years.
>> I don't understand thinking (some) of the people who put on shows use.
>> Can one of you explain it to me?
>>

>> Dan & Katrina Martin
>> 1971 VW Bus
>> H.B.B.