[tcb] Re: I don't understand?

  • From: "Gerald V. Livingston II" <gvl2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 13:26:44 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

$$$$

Ennis is not planned/run by VW enthusiasts. It is run by Action
Motorsports. It is not a VW show, it's an Action Motorsports advertisement.

They do have some constraints due to the venue. Since it's at the track
they have to schedule the dates at least a year in advance I suppose, maybe
more. Most of the "club run" events have a 1 week "wiggle window" on either
side of the scheduled date if enough attendees request that the show be
moved up or down a week. Action has to move the show to a "scheduled open
rain date" from a list provided by the track if there's rain -- no
reschedules allowed just because attendees don't like the day they reserved
a year ago. It's not the track owners/investors running the show so they
treat it like any other race company requesting track time.

And Action is in it JUST to make money. So if there's a rainout they don't
want to pay the insurance and rental fees just to allow the VW folks to
have a (wet) show and swap if the racing has been called off. They make
money from the people who come out JUST to see the races.

If I'm not mistaken the Bandimere show in Denver is run by the track owners
themselves and sponsored big time by Painter's Grinding (a highly
recommended VW [and other] shop). They always schedule for a Sunday
afternoon because the RMMW campout used to be scheduled for the same
weekend. Camp Fri/Sat then wake up a little early Sunday and pack oput of
the campground to go to a show/races on Sunday before heading home. I
believe the show/swap there is rain-or-shine. If it rains they just back
off on the races. They also have reasonable prices in the gift shop and
fast food shop -- and don't have super restrictive policies against swap
vendors selling show related merchandise. They run it like a VW show with
races as a bonus.

Gerald