[tcb] Re: I don't understand?

  • From: Sammie Smith <slsmith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 17:53:38 -0600

Dan:
Well uh, yes and no.  The Killen/Belton/Manx show scheduled for April 2/3
has never been in April.  They have always done their's the last weekend in
March.  This year they scheduled for the first weekend in April for some
reason.  Warren has to work around the availability of the track and
doesn't really have a whole lot of flexibility.  What we should do is allow
the one/two big shows (Ennis) schedule their show every year and then work
around them with the club shows since we have a lot more
flexibility.  However, in order to do that Warren needs to schedule way in
advance (like a year) and then let everyone know what the dates are.  We
just can't keep scheduling club shows in conflict with Ennis and then take
the attitude that Warren can go jump.........Personally, I really want to
go to all shows and will make all that I can.  However, if it comes to
having to choose a club show or Ennis, I am going to Ennis.

We have rescheduled our Nac show to Saturday March 26, hopefully not
screwing up anyone's Easter, and trying to jump right in the middle of the
Azalea blooms.  We have had this show the previous 4 years the first
weekend in April.  We now have March 26.  I hope (and have my fingers
crossed) that everyone will respect this date and not schedule another VW
show in our area on March 26.
Sammie