[tcb] Re: Here's a new subject, tree collision aftereffects

  • From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 22:46:36 -0600

Hey you guys. I am dumb but not a complete idiot. I will figure out the
radio thing. I just thought that it would a good story that it happened when
I put in the parcel tray.

From: Denis Dodson <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, December 13, 2011, 12:45 PM

So, much like how my ribs still hurt after more than a year, Murray is still
recovering from running into that tree years ago.

When I did all the body stretching and repair from kissing the tree, I had
to take out the parcel tray. Years passed and I decided to put it back in.
Well, guess what? Murray is not the same shape as he was! The parcel tray
has to fit in to a notch on the bottom of the speedometer pod. The parcel
tray was a good two plus inches from fitting in there. Murray looks OK from
the outside, but not at all from the inside.

So. I bought a rusted up parcel tray at the last classic and started
trimming away with my cut off tool. Cut, try to fit, cut, try a again, cut
more in a different place, try to fit, cut off whole end, better, still no
cigar. Finally I cram and bang until it fits in to the notch. Now I have to
take it out and weld in a new back and an "L" bracket to make a screw hole.
OK, yea! It's Done!

Now the radio won't work. I had to push all the wiring up under the dash to
fit the parcel tray and there is no power to the radio. I am hoping that I
can find the undone connection without taking out the f#!%*^! Parcel tray.