[tcb] Re: Here's a new subject, tree collision aftereffects

  • From: "Duncan" <whocanduncan1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TCB" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 01:08:48 +0000

Oh. Ouch!  Lol
-----Original Message-----
From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: tcb-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 16:40:52
To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [tcb] Re: Here's a new subject, tree collision aftereffects

Well, I'm not saying it has a lot of wire; but if he were to scap that bus out
and remove the wiring, he would probably get more for the scrap copper in the
wiring than he would for the rest of the bus.

From: w.wood <evil.scientist.boo@xxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, December 13, 2011, 6:07 PM

In a 63 there isn't that much wiring.  Why not troubleshoot a bit with a test
light or a meter?
On Dec 13, 2011 5:59 PM, "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I KNOW what is wrong with my wiring. I jammed it all up into the underside of
the dash putting in the parcel tray. Not being careful. I must be frugal in
getting help from Mr Blue. When I do need his help I need it badly.

From: Denis Dodson <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, December 13, 2011, 12:45 PM

So, much like how my ribs still hurt after more than a year, Murray is still
recovering from running into that tree years ago.

When I did all the body stretching and repair from kissing the tree, I had to
take out the parcel tray. Years passed and I decided to put it back in. Well,
guess what? Murray is not the same shape as he was! The parcel tray has to fit
in to a notch on the bottom of the speedometer pod. The parcel tray was a good
two plus inches from fitting in there. Murray looks OK from the outside, but
not at all from the inside.

So. I bought a rusted up parcel tray at the last classic and started trimming
away with my cut off tool. Cut, try to fit, cut, try a again, cut more in a
different place, try to fit, cut off whole end, better, still no cigar. Finally
I cram and bang until it fits in to the notch. Now I have to take it out and
weld in a new back and an “L” bracket to make a screw hole. OK, yea! It’s Done!

Now the radio won’t work. I had to push all the wiring up under the dash to fit
the parcel tray and there is no power to the radio. I am hoping that I can find
the undone connection without taking out the f#!%*^! Parcel tray.