[tcb] Re: Here's a new subject, tree collision aftereffects

  • From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 06:58:31 -0600

Well, last night I went at the wiring and I don’t know crap about it. The test
light confirmed it. I couldn’t even get the test light to work. I can’t figure
out the simplest thing under there. I might need the genius of Blue after all.
I called him last night a little after 8:30, but I guess he was down for the
night.

From: Denis Dodson <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, December 13, 2011, 10:46 PM

Hey you guys. I am dumb but not a complete idiot. I will figure out the radio
thing. I just thought that it would a good story that it happened when I put in
the parcel tray.

From: tcb-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<http://us.mc833.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=tcb-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Denis Dodson <coocoo@xxxxxxx
<http://us.mc833.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=coocoo@xxxxxxx> >
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<http://us.mc833.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, December 13, 2011, 12:45 PM

So, much like how my ribs still hurt after more than a year, Murray is still
recovering from running into that tree years ago.

When I did all the body stretching and repair from kissing the tree, I had to
take out the parcel tray. Years passed and I decided to put it back in. Well,
guess what? Murray is not the same shape as he was! The parcel tray has to fit
in to a notch on the bottom of the speedometer pod. The parcel tray was a good
two plus inches from fitting in there. Murray looks OK from the outside, but
not at all from the inside.

So. I bought a rusted up parcel tray at the last classic and started trimming
away with my cut off tool. Cut, try to fit, cut, try a again, cut more in a
different place, try to fit, cut off whole end, better, still no cigar. Finally
I cram and bang until it fits in to the notch. Now I have to take it out and
weld in a new back and an “L” bracket to make a screw hole. OK, yea! It’s Done!

Now the radio won’t work. I had to push all the wiring up under the dash to fit
the parcel tray and there is no power to the radio. I am hoping that I can find
the undone connection without taking out the f#!%*^! Parcel tray.