[tcb] Re: Ennis Shows

  • From: Conrad Klahn <conradk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 22:08:07 -0500

The one time I showed up early (8?) at Ennis (after a 3 hour drive), all the
good stuff had already been bought and everybody I asked said, "it's sold".
The second time I showed up, there wasn't squat in the first place.

No camping, they charged too much to enter, the parking was too far away from
everything, it gets really hot or too windy on the pavement.... It's just a
crappy show location in my opinion.

Temple HEB Octoberfest Show was probably the best show I've been to. The
Volkslennium show was fun. My life has never cooperated for me to consistently
get to any one show. I'm sad I'll miss the Classic this year. Hopefully its not
the last one, but had some fond (and not-so-fond) memories there if it is. And
T&P has been cool and hopefully I can make it with a bus.

I appreciate the free shows. I put one on myself and it was a lot of fun. The
Red Shed Tavern in Way-South Austin announced a free VW show 5/1 2-6PM.
redshedtavern.com.