[tcb] Re: Chinese Repops

  • From: "w.wood" <evil.scientist.boo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 13:30:24 -0500

I'm going away from non oem wherever possible.
On Nov 22, 2010 12:22 PM, <wuzmop@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On a related note, I have experienced 2 in the last 6 months, purchased
from different vendors, where the pass side heat riser is nicely welded and
at the right angle, but the other side was apparently assembled by a blind
employee. It was so poorly welded and at an angle that wasn't even close
enough to fit.

throw out a tidbit of inormation.

> Just got through reading a news release on a recall of Walt Disney glasses
(drinking) that were being sold at DisneyLand/World. Made in China, painted
Disney characters on the glasses, contain something like 400 times the safe
lead level content in the paint.

> Yesterday, friend called. Wanted to know if I had a center intake manifold
for dual port; duh, yeah, how many do you want. He had just bought a new one
($75) and started installing it. Guess what: The long pipe was on the short
pipe side and the short pipe was on the long side. Will install and work
just fine except the carb would now be located just about the center of the
generator. Guess where it was made?