[tcb] Re: Chinese Repops

  • From: "w.wood" <evil.scientist.boo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 19:38:05 -0500

Reverse engineering implies some engineering is done.  I think they're
working from pictures.  I think the days of vw air cooled daily driv
On Nov 22, 2010 3:56 PM, "sammie smith" <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Well, that's what I meant by reverse engineering.  But, yeah, if you start
with a poor copy you're gonna get a worse copy with reverse engineering.

simply copy a part they have physical possession of. Probably the part they
are copying isn't even OG. So they end up making a poor copy of poorly made
copy. Hence you get the result we see now. That's my guess anyway.

> Ken
>
> Sent by pure magic
>
> On Nov 22, 2010, at 1:31 PM, sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I don't think Chinese food made and prepared in the US qualifies.  My
problem is I don't think the Chinese mfg in China can either read a blue
print (do we still call them that) or reverse engineer a part.  Then of
course there is the problem of them trying to export lots of lead in paint.
Not a chemist so I haven't figured that one out.  Do they simply have an
overabundance of lead that they are trying to get rid of?

when I got home it was kung pow chix.  Oh ya and my 6 month old fan made in
china came apart a couple of weeks ago.

> On 11/22/2010 12:22 PM, wuzmop@xxxxxxx wrote:
> On a related note, I have experienced 2 in the last 6 months, purchased
from different vendors, where the pass side heat riser is nicely welded and
at the right angle, but the other side was apparently assembled by a blind
employee. It was so poorly welded and at an angle that wasn't even close
enough to fit.

throw out a tidbit of inormation.

> Just got through reading a news release on a recall of Walt Disney glasses
(drinking) that were being sold at DisneyLand/World.  Made in China, painted
Disney characters on the glasses, contain something like 400 times the safe
lead level content in the paint.

> Yesterday, friend called.  Wanted to know if I had a center intake
manifold for dual port; duh, yeah, how many do you want.  He had just bought
a new one ($75) and started installing it.  Guess what:  The long pipe was
on the short pipe side and the short pipe was on the long side.  Will
install and work just fine except the carb would now be located just about
the center of the generator.  Guess where it was made?