[tcb] Re: Checked Fuel Pressue tonight!

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 07:52:46 -0700 (PDT)

Those things aren't really a filter.  At best they filter out only large
particles.  You still need an inline filter somewhere between the tank and the
fuel pump to properly filter the fuel.

Eskimeaux <cajun-eskimo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:      .hmmessage P  {  margin:0px;
padding:0px  }  body.hmmessage  {  FONT-SIZE: 10pt;  FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma  }    I
had to blow through the fuel line back into the tank, the new additives in the
fuel caused some tank metal to reduce flow. I found when I pulled the tank that
the fuel filter
http://www.jbugs.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=111209147A&Category_Code=8301
 in tank was gone. I have a new tank that should be here today and new filters.

  Dirksen

---------------------------------
  From: treyjung@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: Checked Fuel Pressue tonight!
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 09:33:47 -0500

          I pulled the fuel line off the carb and ran a line from the fuel pump
to a jar and started the bus and there is a nice stream of gas coming out of
the fuel pump which makes me think that it's ok, might be a little low (2.5
psi) but I was looking to see if it;s was trickling out of the pump..(looking
to see if  it was clogged up)

  Now I'm wondering what to do next.......

  Trey