[tcb] Re: Checked Fuel Pressue tonight!

  • From: Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 06:37:32 -0500

you say the vacuum can is good but is it hooked up in the distributor? do you
see the points actually move back and forth when you suck on it? if it isn't
hooked up that would definately cause hesitation.

just a thought> From: treyjung@xxxxxxxxxxx> To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject:
[tcb] Re: Checked Fuel Pressue tonight! > Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 16:53:20 -0500>
> got back from the 20 miles ride and the bus ran ok, ( a little hotter than >
the SVDA) .. ne hesitation at the higher rpm's in each gear.> > I checked the
vacuum on the SVDA (sucked on it and it grabbed my tongue and > held the
suction) when I got home... seemed ok...> I'm wondering if the timing some how
with the SVDA in it was set > wrong?....Would in correct timing on a dizzy
cause the hesitation and > jerking at the higher rpm band in each gear when
shifting up?> > I'm tired......> > > ----- Original Message ----- > From:
<evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> Sent: Thursday, May
08, 2008 4:21 PM> Subject: [tcb] Re: Checked Fuel Pressue tonight!> > > Humm.>
> There isn't that much vacuum however have you dynamically timed it yet?> > >
-----Original Message-----> From: Trey Jung <treyjung@xxxxxxxxxxx>> Sent:
Thursday, May 08, 2008 2:54 PM> To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [tcb] Re:
Checked Fuel Pressue tonight!> > I replaced the fuel pump with a new one and
the bus does the same thing....> > Get this I swapped the SVDA dizzy (running
the compufire timed at 7 BTDC) > with the original running points and both
hoses connected and I rode around > the block and the hesitation is good....
I'm going on a longer ride in about > 45 minutes to further investigate...> >
I'm thinking maybe the SVDA was losing vacuum somehow ( sounds like I know >
what I am doing)> > Stay tuned...> ----- Original Message ----- > From: Trey
Jung> To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2008 9:33 AM> Subject:
[tcb] Re: Checked Fuel Pressue tonight!> > > I pulled the fuel line off the
carb and ran a line from the fuel pump to a > jar and started the bus and there
is a nice stream of gas coming out of the > fuel pump which makes me think that
it's ok, might be a little low (2.5 psi) > but I was looking to see if it;s was
trickling out of the pump..(looking to > see if it was clogged up)> > Now I'm
wondering what to do next.......> > Trey> ----- Original Message ----- > From:
chuck blue> To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2008 8:31 AM>
Subject: [tcb] Re: Checked Fuel Pressue tonight!> > > 2.5 psi should be enough
if there is enough volume.You just need > enough fuel to keep the float bowl
full while driving.> ----- Original Message ----- > From: Trey Jung> To:
tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2008 7:40 PM> Subject: [tcb]
Checked Fuel Pressue tonight!> > > I checked my fuel pressure and it read 2.5
psi.... it did not move at > all when I revved the engine....this is on a
1600DP stock engine....> > It's lower than the Bentley specs which are between
3.0 and 5.0 psi...> > Suggestions?> > BTW, this is the original fuel pump in my
71 Westy. I did pop the top > off about a month and cleaned the screen in it.>
> Trey> > >
269.23.10/1421 - Release Date: 5/7/2008 > 5:23 PM> > >
Get Free (PRODUCT) RED™  Emoticons, Winks and Display Pics.