[tcb] Re: Checked Fuel Pressue tonight!

  • From: Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 08:20:29 -0500

either way, have you actually popped the cap off and looked to see if that
whole area is moving? just because you hear the diaphram working doesn't mean
it's hooked up. it takes very little for that arm on the diaphram to come off
the board in the distributor. if it does then all you have is a mechanical
advanced distributor which will result in the flat spot you are talking about.

been there done that. make sure your internals are moving when you suck on the
distributor.

also, could a flat spot be caused by a weak coil, plugs, wires, etc? something
that would require higher rpms to compensate for it?

From: treyjung@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: Checked Fuel Pressue tonight!
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 12:08:13 +0000

running a compufire in the SVDA ....... I hear the diaprahme move when suck on
it.

From: Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> [...]
> shifting
> up?> > I'm tired......> > > ----- Original Message ----- > From:
> <evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> Sent: Thursday,
> May
> 08, 2008 4:21 PM> Subject: [tcb] Re: Checked Fuel Pressue tonight!> > >
> Humm.> >
> There isn't that much vacuum however have you dynamically timed it yet?> > >
> -----Original Message-----> From: Trey Jung <treyjung@xxxxxxxxxxx>> Sent:
> Thursday, May 08, 2008 2:54 PM> To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [tcb] Re:
> Checked Fuel Pressue tonight!> > I replaced the fuel pump with a new one and
> the
> bus does the same thing....> > Get this I swapped the SVDA dizzy (running the
> compufire timed at 7 BTDC) > with the original running points and both hoses
> connected and I rode around > the block and the hesitation is good.... I'm
> going
> on a longer ride in about > 45 minutes to further investigate...> > I'm
> thinking
> maybe the SVDA was losing vacuum somehow ( sounds like I know > what I am
> doing)> > Stay tuned...> ----- Original Message ----- > From: Trey Jung> To:
> tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2008 9:33 AM> Subject: [tcb] Re:
> Checked Fuel Pressue tonight!> > > I pulled the fuel line off the carb and
> ran a
> line from the fuel pump to a > jar and started the bus and there is a nice
> stream of gas coming out of the > fuel pump which makes me think that it's
> ok,
> might be a little low (2.5 psi) > but I was looking to see if it;s was
> trickling
> out of the pump..(looking to > see if it was clogged up)> > Now I'm wondering
> what to do next.......> > Trey> ----- Original Message ----- > From: chuck
> blue>
> To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2008 8:31 AM> Subject: [tcb]
> Re:
> Checked Fuel Pressue tonight!> > > 2.5 psi should be enough if there is
> enough
> volume.You just need > enough fuel to keep the float bowl full while
> driving.>
> ----- Original Message ----- > From: Trey Jung> To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent:
> Wednesday, May 07, 2008 7:40 PM> Subject: [tcb] Checked Fuel Pressue
> tonight!> >
> > I checked my fuel pressure and it read 2.5 psi.... it did not move at > all
> when I revved the engine....this is on a 1600DP stock engine....> > It's
> lower
> than the Bentley specs which are between 3.0 and 5.0 psi...> > Suggestions?>
> >
> BTW, this is the original fuel pump in my 71 Westy. I did pop the top > off
> about a month and cleaned the screen in it.> > Trey> > >
> 269.23.10/1421 - Release Date: 5/7/2008 > 5:23 PM> > >
> Get Free (PRODUCT) RED™  Emoticons, Winks and Display Pics.

--Forwarded Message Attachment--
From: i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 11:37:41 +0000

you say the vacuum can is good but is it hooked up in the distributor? do you
see the points actually move back and forth when you suck on it? if it isn't
hooked up that would definately cause hesitation.

just a thought

> From: treyjung@xxxxxxxxxxx
> To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [tcb] Re: Checked Fuel Pressue tonight!
> Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 16:53:20 -0500
>
> got back from the 20 miles ride and the bus ran ok, ( a little hotter than
> the SVDA) .. ne hesitation at the higher rpm's in each gear.
>
> I checked the vacuum on the SVDA (sucked on it and it grabbed my tongue and
> held the suction) when I got home... seemed ok...
> I'm wondering if the timing some how with the SVDA in it was set
> wrong?....Would in correct timing on a dizzy cause the hesitation and
> jerking at the higher rpm band in each gear when shifting up?
>
> I'm tired......

Get Free (PRODUCT) RED™  Emoticons, Winks and Display Pics. Check it out!

http://www.windowslive.com/messenger/overview.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Refresh_messenger_052008