[tcb] Re: Bypass filtering, an initial report

  • From: <evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 11:11:00 -0500

these fittings are typically available for steel braided line.  These lines
were made at a local hose and hydraulic place.  Jegs and Summit racing sell all
the parts you need to fab up your own lines.

The mount is a standard EMPI piece with an adapter bushing to convert to the
5/8 thead used by bypass filters.  The stock thread that comes with the mount
is a 3/4-16 Ford thead for PH8 style filters.  The bypass 3 micron filters
aren't what you'll find at a FLAPS.  I found the Balwin B50s at a local diesel
truck maint. Facility.