[tcb] Re: Any Vanagon owners reseal their gas tank recenlty?

  • From: wuzmop@xxxxxxx
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 18:23:52 +0000

I might have some how much you need?
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Woodall <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 13:24:01
To: Texas Coalition of Buses<tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [tcb] Any Vanagon owners reseal their gas tank recenlty?

I am using this tutorial:
http://home.earthlink.net/~mark.cumnock/westfalia/id34.html

He says that you should get some additional hoses in addition to the
GoWesty kit (that I already have).
One is a 1/4" Fuel Injection hose, this seems to be fairly easy to find.
The other is a 3/16" Fuel Injection hose, and appears to be made of
unubtainium.
So far I've tried 6 FLAPS shops in the area and all of them look at me
with glazed over look when I ask for the 3/16" size.

So my question is this.
When you last resealed your tank, and used the GoWesty kit, where you
able to replace _all_ of your fuel lines with it?
Saturday is going to be the day, and it is fast approaching.

So far I have the GoWesty reseal kit:
http://www.gowesty.com/ec_view_details.php?id=3618&search_phrase=gas%20tank&start=30

A sending unit:
http://www.gowesty.com/ec_view_details.php?id=3619&search_phrase=gas%20tank&start=30

Will I be covered with just these two units?
Or do I need the additional 1/4" FI Hose and the additional 3/16" FI Hose?