[tcb] Re: Any Vanagon owners reseal their gas tank recenlty?

  • From: Conrad Klahn <conradk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 13:50:17 -0500

I redid everything on an 80 and an 85. Let me know if you need any guidance.

Ken Wilford has the kit I used on his site (vanagain.com)

On May 5, 2009, at 1:24 PM, Eric Woodall wrote:

I am using this tutorial:
http://home.earthlink.net/~mark.cumnock/westfalia/id34.html

He says that you should get some additional hoses in addition to the GoWesty kit (that I already have). One is a 1/4" Fuel Injection hose, this seems to be fairly easy to find. The other is a 3/16" Fuel Injection hose, and appears to be made of unubtainium. So far I've tried 6 FLAPS shops in the area and all of them look at me with glazed over look when I ask for the 3/16" size.

So my question is this.
When you last resealed your tank, and used the GoWesty kit, where you able to replace all of your fuel lines with it?
Saturday is going to be the day, and it is fast approaching.

So far I have the GoWesty reseal kit:
http://www.gowesty.com/ec_view_details.php?id=3618&search_phrase=gas%20tank&start=30

A sending unit:
http://www.gowesty.com/ec_view_details.php?id=3619&search_phrase=gas%20tank&start=30

Will I be covered with just these two units?
Or do I need the additional 1/4" FI Hose and the additional 3/16" FI Hose?