[tcb] Re: Any Vanagon owners reseal their gas tank recenlty?

  • From: Eric Woodall <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 09:29:07 -0500

Yeah, I have been told to cut the old hose off of the plastic nipples.
Don't try and pull the hose off because it'll break the plastic.
A couple of things I'm having trouble with:
1)  Getting the straps that hold the tank up off.  I took the bolts out,
but the rears that fit through the slots are not coming out.
2)  I unbolted the expansion tank, but I am having trouble dropping the
expansion tanks down.  I guess the hose on the top part (where the
sensor) is preventing it from dropping?  Might need to drop the tank first?