[tcb] Re: $55,000

  • From: "Peter Albarian" <pcalbar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 22:50:12 +0000 GMT

Sammie,
When you say a 23w should go for around $45k, you need to qualify vintage and
options.  For a '62-'63 vintage I agree with you.  Go back to big bumpers and
bullets and they'll fetch more.  Pressed bumper deluxes go for closer to $75k
and it's hard to say what a BD Deluxe would fetch if very well restored;
$115k+?  When I was at Lennie's shop last Summer, he had just sold a '62 23w
done at his shop for $58k.  A somewhat flawed restoration, in the opinion of
Kirk and I, of a '58 23w had an asking price of over $70k there.  They aren't
going down, that's for sure!
Peter

BlackBerry service provided by Nextel