[talks-uk] Re: Nokia Ovi Maps3.3 full interface description

  • From: "Vanja Sudar" <vanja@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 19:52:06 -0000

Hello,

I have also submitted some info to the maps team, and as you say, the more of us do it the more chance we have of something being done about it. I also do wonder if nuance can do things from their end to improve it somewhat. Either way, we should certainly keep an open mind for this application because although it's not totally accessible at the moment it's already usable and there's no reason to believe that things won't improve. Maybe it will never be what wayfinder was, but if some things improve with it there's no reason not to use it and don't forget, it's free!
Vanja
http://www.sudar.co.uk
http://twitter.com/internetking
MSN/windows live messenger: sudar23@xxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Saqib" <Saqib500@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 22/03/2010 6:25 pm

Thanks Paul. I will let you know. It will be my first podcast of any kind.
I've re-scheduled it for tomorrow afternoon as I have an hospital
appointment in the morning. If there is going to be any difficulties with
the app during the podcast I will be open and honest about it because I want
every one to know about it's positive points and it's short comings just so
that we as a group can discuss it and may be take it further by contacting
Nokia in the long run.

From: "Darren Harris" <darren_g_harris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 20/03/2010 7:05 pm

ok, hey could you record yourself using it? i'm genuinely cureous
about this and put the recording up somewhere like sendspace? seeming
as you have a ton of experience with this could you record yourself
using the programme and tell about any adjustments you made to
increase any need for accessibility?