[talks-uk] Re: How can a talks user like myself who has some residual vision take a photograph using an N82?

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 16:39:24 -0000

Well, I think it does, Eleanor. Do you need to silence Talks to take the photos?

--
Carol
carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Thursday, February 19, 2009 5:23 PM (UK time), Eleanor Burke at eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx said:

You press key 2 to activate the camera.  Photographs can be taken in
portrait or landscape.  Holding the camera in portrait the relevant
buttons are on the right of the phone.  The top 2 buttons bring the
object to be photographed either close or far away.  The button on
the bottom is the one you will use to take the photograph.  You hold
it in and press and hold and you will hear the photograph being
taken.  I cannot advise at present about the shutter as I do not have
that phone with me but I expect you will feel if the shutter is open
or closed.  I also have an N95 8GB and it has no shutter.  I have
very little vision but people tell me the photograph comes out fine. I prefer to instruct someone on how to take a photograph for me. If
you are thinking of sending the photograph as a multi-media file then
you need to choose the smallest size photograph that yhou can take. I generally t ake the photographs and then transfer them to my PC
where I can view them on my large full screen.  I found that when I
need to select the smallest size, talks does not work and I need
sighted assistance to select the correct size.  ope this helps a
little.
From: "Saqib" <saqib500@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 19:02:2009 2:47 pm

Hi Alex when your in camera mode just hold down the camera button
for a
couple of seconds and then the photo will be taken. You will hear
the snapshot and then you must go in to gallary to view it. You can
also change
the setting where the snapshot stays on the screen until you hit key
2. Once
you have taken a picture it's good practice to rename the file
whilst the
picturing is showing. At least that way it would be easier for you
to find
the snapshot in gallary. Give me a call if you need further
assistance.