[tabi] Re: Apps For The Blind And Visually Impaired: iPad/iPhone Apps AppList

  • From: "Terri" <tblmt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 18:01:06 -0400

Hi Guys!

Rather than having the expense of the iPhone, I use an iPod Touch.  I
absolutely love it!  I can enjoy all of the apps that you use with the Iphone.
The only thing is, that you have to have access to a wireless connection to
take advantage of anything that uses the internet.  This is a much more cost
effective solution.  Of course, you can not use it everywhere you go, like the
iPhone.  Many public places and offices do have wireless available to visiters.
 I can't go on enough about what a great thing this has been for me. For my
particular situation,  it has been much more affordable to have the iPod Touch
with a wireless connection at home and have a basic cheap cell phone plan.

For anyone who might not be familiar with the iPod Touch, basically it will do
practically everything an iPhone will do with the exception of  the capability
to make phone calls.

I hope this information might be helpful to someone.

Take care everyone.

Terri