[swag] Re: Summary of Submission Guidelines

  • From: "James Gibson" <rednalroni@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: swag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 13:15:46 +0000

Heya Guys, sorry for my lack of input this last week, just been finishing up on some work and will be out of town from Tuesday till next week. Just been through alot of the mail etc, You have all been very busy.

Comments on Submission Guidelines:

I had assumed that the main Galleries would be for SWAG staff who organise and regularly submit work and progress the SWAG art forward. Submissions from outside these would be in repsonse to a request on a message board or the like? So if people do submit work that you feel is not important for the site then it will be declined on that basis, not just because it is 'bad'. (Hardly a picture of Darth Vader is going to be suitable...everyone knows what he looks like, he has existing stats in the game etc).

I think we may have more of a problem by insistant 'bad' artists who just cant take a hint, than having to tell any one individual that there work is unsuitable. However it would be good if any peices of artwork that has been refused gets mailed to the Swag artists and perhaps comments hints and tips from the various artists can be given in a reply. Hopefully it wont sound to bad, but will also give these people helpful hints so that in future his/her later submission will blow others right out of the water.  Just a thought.

But Im sure any peice that is declined will be accompanied by a reply with reasons why, not just the standard of the peice. Im sure people may strive to improve just get a peice of work up in SWAG.

Korris

"Many Bothans died to bring you this email"

Join the world?s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. Click Here