[sugpro] Re: PVC Delay Grain Trouble

  • From: Bill Kuker <bkuker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SugPro <sugpro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2015 22:53:13 -0400

Well, I've used electric igniters with a BP/NC mixture, the same but with
Mg added, the same but with an extra half teaspoon boost of BP to try to
remedy the problem, cannon fuse and cannon fuse with BP. The cannon fuse is
still head-end ignition, but I have found that since I generally fly in
sub-zero temps (fahrenheit!) cannon fuse is more reliable, lighter and more
convenient than dealing with wires and batteries.

I guess I'll try some kind of pyrogen on it. Any suggestions?

As far as electronic recovery, I like to be able to prep N full flights
ahead of time (airframe, motor and recovery). For "religious" reasons I
only fly scratch built everything, so that many electronic recovery systems
would be a big investment, although it is probably the right solution, also
if I go any higher I'll need dual deployment, but even then I'll keep the
pyrotechnic deployment in place as a drogue backup even if I can't get it
more than 50% reliable.

-Bill