[sugpro] PVC Delay Grain Trouble

  • From: Bill Kuker <bkuker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SugPro <sugpro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2015 08:47:47 -0400

For a few years I have been flying PVC motors with great success. I started
with designs similar to Richard Nakka & Chuck Knight, and have simplified
some steps in construction by using the right fittings, and changed to
machined steel nozzles.

Ignition, flight, and overall performance have been spot on and very
reliable, I am working on drawing up all of the details to share.

My recovery rate is 50% at best. My delay grains are exactly as described
here: http://www.nakka-rocketry.net/pvcmot7.html

Each flight either works perfectly, with ejection at just the right time,
or I dig an unlit delay grain out of the wreckage. Does anyone else use
this style? Any tips on how to make it reliable?

-Bill