[studiorecorder] Re: Recording a big old file.

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 08:34:33 -0400

RP:

The switch between files with the Windows scheduler will probably result =
in a loss of a reasonably short segment. Of course, I can't give an exact =
answer, but depending on the speed of your machine and the responsiveness =
of your hardware and sound driver, I would expect a loss of less than 100 =
milliseconds.

Rob Meredith

>>> snakeguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 10/13/04 09:19PM >>>
Hi, and thanks
     You may be right about saving a longer file, but gold wave will
definitely open a longer file than can be opened in sr.  Anyway, your
thought about using the windows scheduler and having more than one file
should work.  How long does the switch normally take?  By the way the save
sollection feature you added not long ago is just great!

Thanks again for all your hard work
Rp