[studiorecorder] Recording a big old file.

  • From: "Roger Smith" <snakeguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 20:04:49 -0400

Hey Guys,
     Recently I have had occasion to make some rather long
recordings, as in 4 to 5 hours.  I have found that you can't do
that in stereo with sr because of a 2 gig file limit.  Is that a
computer setting that I can change?  If not, can you guys extend
the file limitation?  I ask this because it seems that in other
recorders such as cool edit or goldwave, longer files are handled.
I believe that the windows limitation is 4 gigs.  Hopefully, you
can tell me how to extend sr so that I can use a longer file.

Thanks in advance,
Rp