Re: [steem] Floppy disk question

  • From: Amy Macdonald <amacdona@xxxxxxx>
  • To: steem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 15:19:22 -0600

I recently purchased a couple of boxes of the DD (double density) IBM compatible
floppies......I am in western Canada....

The High Density disks are bad - they deteriorate very quickly if you try to
reformat
them to DD and save your stuff on them - it is not even worth trying (experience
speaking) - unless you have a HD drive in the Atari....

The floppies deteriorate also, but I do not know how quickly  (also from
experience) -
more like years though.....

Let me know oif I can help in any way.......

Amy.