Re: [steem] Floppy disk question

  • From: "Yoko Yamaki" <yoko_yamaki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: steem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, steem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 30 Apr 2004 15:43:04 +0200

Hi Amy,

 I thought this list was dead! About the floppy's: I think Windos writes
something to the disks what confuses a real Atari (it will think that
there's a lot more free diskspace than there really is). Since I attach PC
floppy A as a harddrive to Steem (in the diskmanager), and use good old GEM
to copy files, the problem didn't come back. I format the floppys on Atari,
but in MS-dos format, that can be done the normal way with a STE-series
computer.
By the way, the steenauthors are much more active on this list:
http://www.atari-forum.com/ there's is a special Steem section

Yoko