[sparkscoffee] Re: How Christianity has been turned upside down

  • From: Kelly <kellyutah@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "sparkscoffee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <sparkscoffee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 15:04:08 +0000

JS,

This is a very interesting development that you and some others are apparently
starting to think that the U.S. found those WMD that we were all told were
there.  Don't you think that the politicians who got us into that boondoggle
would be crowing to the high heavens if WMD had been found, in order to
vindicate themselves?  They're politicians after all John.

The WMD story was just a big fat lie for public consumption.  It seems most
wars that the American public is dragged into are marketed with lies for public
consumption.

Please excuse a bit of psychoanalysis on my part John, but could it be that
your experiences in Vietnam invested you with a NEED to trust the government on
some level when it comes to these things?  I'm sure you lost friends over there
and I know you had your share of life changing trauma.  If I'd had similar
experience, I think I'd want to believe that it was somehow worth all the pain
and sacrifice and death, even if in a weird and twisted way.

But history has shown otherwise.  Sure, it's always worth the pain and death
for someone, but usually not for those actually being maimed and killed.  Those
individuals pulling the strings are not ever on the front lines.

The charade continues today in Ukraine.  Unless you follow the events very
closely and daily, most people think that Russia has invaded eastern Ukraine.
We see and hear stories on TV and in the newspapers.  But unlike the Russian
food convoy white trucks that actually exist and pictures of which were all
over TV, Youtube, and the newspapers, this massive Russian 'invasion' is so
clever that no reporter or even an individual with a cell phone has been able
to capture it!

Kelly A.

From: schalestock@xxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 10:48:58 +0000
To: sparkscoffee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [sparkscoffee] Re: How Christianity has been turned upside down

DR Very thought provoking. And I certainly agree with you about the existance
of the WMDs. I too knew someone who was involved in that. In  my opinion, the
whole mantra about "Bush Lied" was classic Democratic bullshit that was
repeated so many times by the media that it became  "true."   - Much like the
ongoing bullshit about how Bill Clinton was a great president instead of the
white trash rapist he was. RR does make some good points about how government
attracts the worst kinds of people for the most self serving of reasons. And in
some ways, the same is true about religion and religious zealots. I am still
amazed at the transparent disconnect between a quest for spirituality and the
pursuit of power. JS

From: "D.J.J. Ring, Jr." Sent: Aug 30, 2014 9:48 PM
To: "sparkscoffee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"

The chief rabbis called for Jesus's execution because he committed the offense
of saying he was God. Pilate sat on the judgement seat and heard the case, and
found Jesus innocent of violating any Roman law. 6 When the chief priests and
the officers saw him, they cried out, “Crucify him, crucify him!” Pilate said
to them, “Take him yourselves and crucify him, for I find no crime in him.” 7
The Jews answered him, “We have a law, and by that law he ought to die, because
he has made himself the Son of God.” 8 When Pilate heard these words, he was
the more afraid; 9 he entered the praetorium again and said to Jesus, “Where
are you from?” But Jesus gave no answer. 10 Pilate therefore said to him, “You
will not speak to me? Do you not know that I have power to release you, and
power to crucify you?” 11 Jesus answered him, “You would have no power over me
unless it had been given you from above; therefore he who delivered me to you
has the greater sin.” 12 Upon this Pilate sought to release him, but the Jews
cried out, “If you release this man, you are not Caesar’s friend; every one who
makes himself a king sets himself against Caesar.” 13 When Pilate heard these
words, he brought Jesus out and sat down on the judgment seat at a place called
The Pavement, and in Hebrew, Gabbatha. 14 Now it was the day of Preparation of
the Passover; it was about the sixth hour. He said to the Jews, “Behold your
King!” 15 They cried out, “Away with him, away with him, crucify him!” Pilate
said to them, “Shall I crucify your King?” The chief priests answered, “We have
no king but Caesar.”  16 Then he handed him over to them to be crucified.
Pilate was afraid that the Jews would tell Caesar that he was administering law
unfairly, fear again ruled.  Pilate's wife had a dream and she was right. But
without Pilate's decision, what had to be done would not have been done, so
Pilate and the Rabbi's both glorified God by their acts - God brought beauty
out of it all.[ 73DR

On Sat, Aug 30, 2014 at 4:24 PM, Ron Ristad <ristad@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Pontius Pilot washed his hands of Jesus's execution. He said he wanted nothing
to do with it. In Jewish communities well into the 20th Century it was rabbis
who made all the rules. It was the Jewish rabbis who called for Jesus's
execution.