[sparkscoffee] Re: Already happens: Capitalism destroys human labor force and goes to the next phase

  • From: R George <xgeorge@xxxxxxx>
  • To: sparkscoffee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 May 2014 12:33:40 -0700

I forgot about Amazon, they will fill the slack and save America's surplus of labor problems -

or will they?
RG

Judging by the narrative promoted after last Friday's idiotically connived jobs report, any job is a good job... however, as The Guardian reports, that does not include a job working for Amazon.com. Quarter after quarter, we highlight the growth in Amazon employees (*and death-cross-like plunge in annual sales growth*). While Amazon makes no secret of the fact that it relies on seasonal work force, what went unsaid and unnoticed during President Obama's visit last year, was that the Amazon 'employees' would not have jobs or prospects after the holidays. *Many of the people in those Amazon warehouses were among the long-term unemployed ** **-- shuffling from one temporary job to another to another; and due to this unstable employment, a growing ** **number of them have found themselves living in shelters... 'employed' but homeless (or "the working poor" in America).*

from yesterday's Zerohedge.com

On 5/7/2014 12:05 PM, R George wrote:
I guess you are correct as jobs on Mars will solve the ever expanding surplus of labor
due to the ever expanding population of Earth.
RG

On 5/7/2014 11:33 AM, Ron Ristad wrote:
They said the same thing with they invented the combine harvester and the steam engine, etc..

Think of all the Chinese laundrymen that were displaced by the washing machine.