[sonarblindbeta] Re: How do I kill the event list view in X.3?

  • From: "Rishi D Mack" <cgrm20@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sonarblindbeta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 07:47:53 -0400

ah

-----Original Message----- From: Kevin Gibbs
Sent: Saturday, May 02, 2015 12:45 PM
To: sonarblindbeta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [sonarblindbeta] Re: How do I kill the event list view in X.3?

Feel free to take advantage of the fact that I can see. Ask me questions and if I can see what's going on, I'll tell you what I know.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 2, 2015, at 10:44 AM, Steve Matzura <number6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ah, that tells me something. Thanks.

On Sat, 02 May 2015 09:04:23 -0500, you wrote:

Steve,
For the record the track window is the only one which is all by itself. When the event list of peers, it shares the screen with the track pain. I haven't figured out a way to make the event list fill the entire window. I know this because I have vision.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 2, 2015, at 8:56 AM, Steve Matzura <number6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

X3 and forward do things in a very different way with regard to the
interface. Instead of opening and closing windows, what happens is
that you select a window to view and the others just aren't there, not
closed, not hidden, just not there. There may be ways to have them
there coincidentally with other windows, but I don't know how to do
that. At least, not yet. When you switch among windows, the focused
window fills the display and the others just don't appear, or if they
do, I sure can't find them in the open windows list.

On Fri, 01 May 2015 19:59:43 -0500, you wrote:

Just tried it. Alt+1 does indeed do what CTRL+F4 used to do with respect to closing various views. Guess I have a lot to learn. Can’t wait for my JAWS to arrive. Even though I chose a download, they won’t clear my transaction until Monday. How boost league is that?
On May 1, 2015, at 7:41 PM, Kevin Gibbs <kevjazz@xxxxxx> wrote:

Does Alt+1 simply Ainge the focus to the track pain, or does it actually close the event list the way CTRL+F4 used to do?

Sent from my iPhone

On May 1, 2015, at 6:56 PM, Rishi D Mack <cgrm20@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Press alt+1 to go back to track pane.

-----Original Message----- From: Kevin Gibbs
Sent: Friday, May 01, 2015 7:12 PM
To: sonarblindbeta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [sonarblindbeta] How do I kill the event list view in X.3?

Guys,
I haven't received my copy of JAWS 16 yet. However, I have some vision and was messing around with X.3. Can someone reminded me of how to Close a view, such as the event list view, after having put it on the screen for a given track? Let us say that I opened the event list and now wish to close it without closing the entire project. CTRLF4 does not seem to do this. That keystroke closes a given project while leaving X.3 itself open. So, what is the recipe?

Sent from my iPhone