[soapcraft] Ross's Soap

  • From: "Liz Brook" <liz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Soapcraft" <soapcraft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 08:57:06 +1300

Ross,  if it is not a secret, can you tell me how you achieved the crazed look
- I just love it.  Did you use titanium dioxide for this?  It is consistent and
not - very beautiful, different and stunning.  I want to try!

Also, I think your soap has put a whole different light on fragrant oil soaps
for me.  I have not found one that I have liked yet.  I think with the right
combinations a good fo scent can be enjoyable.  Although I didn't like the
scent at first, in the shower it is really attractive (if you can call a scent
attractive)!  It lingers on my skin, which I usually don't like - I may
experiment.  I feel you have a lot of experience with blending and it shows.

Well done!

Ross's Creation - Lothario

Initial Visual Impression
Beautiful box - but it didn't travel well and was squashed. Loved the name. The
font on the label is sooooooo tiny that even with my glasses I struggled to
read the description under the name. Which is a touch I really liked - very
descriptive. The scent was very, very strong and overpowering.

Packaging
Beautiful. I'm not a fan of boxes, as I like to have some idea of what is
inside, but I loved the box, very femine and attractive.

Soap - Non shower experience
Oh wow, what a beautiful look and feel. Creamy colour with a same colour sort
of swirl and the outside feel and look is crazed, like old china (which I
love). Interesting shape - not sure if I liked it or not, but really like the
fact that it is different.

Soap - in the shower
Interesting to hold - perhaps for me a little shorter. Fantastic lather. A nice
hard bar. The scent is much more alluring in the shower. I actually liked it -
high praise from me. I generally do not like fragrant oil scents. I guess
because of this I don't use soap with fo. The scent lingers and is less in your
face in the shower and out.

Summary

Up the font size on the label, because I think the recipient of the soap is
missing out - if they need reading glasses like me! Beautiful packaging, I find
names hard to come up with, and I liked this name - it matched the soap. Really
liked the look of the soap, interesting and as a soapmaker want to know how you
accomplished the look. I would definitely buy, but not if in a box.

www.lizziebee.co.nz