[slint] Re: Firefox and loss of speech

  • From: tony seth <lp800@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slint@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2022 12:43:03 -0400

Heya there Al:
When this happens to me, I do one of two things. If I can alt tap I ues the numpad delete key, which brings up orca's screen search. I may have to alt tab to get it to focus, but then close it and that brings back the focus of whatever else mey be open besides the desktop.
An easier sollution if you are using a laptop with a track pad though, is just squiggle your finger on it a bit, then double tap with the finger or one of the clickers and that'll bring back your focus.
I do use a game controller with a track pad on it too, so the squiggle and click method works with that too. Or a mouse if you have one lying around collecting dust.
Hope that helps a bit...
Take care... Cheereo!