[slint] Firefox and loss of speech

  • From: "Al Sten-Clanton" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> ("albert.e.sten_clanton")
  • To: slint@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2022 10:32:10 -0400

Greetings!

I was using Firefox and got an alert that it couldn't update.  I tried to stop this from happening, but obviously failed.  Anyway, when I got out of Firefox, my speech was gone.  I had to use control-C in the terminal where I'd used startx, then use startx again to get my gui back.

I of course don't want Firefox to update this way, since I want to use either the relevant package in the Slint repository or use latest to update it.

I don't know whether it's always because Firefox was trying to update, but losing speech this way happens almost daily.  It also happens with Thunderbird, typicall after I've written and sent a message.  Does anybody know what's going on or how to rectify it?

Thanks for any help.

Al