[slackintosh-users] Re: cannot mount mac OS 9.2 cd

  • From: "Marco Bonetti" <marco.bonetti@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 10:32:07 +0200

On 3/27/06, Evandro Cordeiro <evandrocordeiro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 3) ONLY AND A GREAT PROBLEM : I'VE ONLY ONE PARTITION
> ( ALL SPACE IS FOR LINUX ). I'VE ONLY LINUX INSTALLED.
> SO IS THERE ANY WAY TO INSTALL MAC ON EXT3 PARTITION (
> MAYBE A DRIVE IMAGE, LIKE VMWARE ON PC  ? ).
whoa, check out your caps lock! ;-)
IIRC it should be possible to install any OS from mol, try these steps
(I _HAVEN'T_ tested them!!!):
1) create a "fake disk" data dumping /dev/zero into a file (eg: dd
bsize=1024 count=SIZE_IN_KB if=/dev/zero of=~/macos.disk)
2) (not too sure about this) apply a filesystem with mkfs.* to macos.disk
3) (not too sure about this either) try to mount that disk using "-o loop"
4) start mol telling him to use the (mounted) directory, the mounted
cdrom and install macos in it

however some directions should be avalaible somewhere (like in the
config files comments) or googling it, if you are stuck you can always
stop by #mol on freenode and ask for help.
also, instructions on how to create a fake disk can be found at
http://pearpc.sf.net/

if any of you succed in this task could he write an howto? just for
future use (and glory)

ciao

--
Marco Bonetti