[slackintosh-users] Re: cannot mount mac OS 9.2 cd

  • From: Keith Keller <kkeller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:06:34 -0800

On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 08:24:40AM -0800, Evandro Cordeiro wrote:
> I've tried:  mount /dev/hdb -t hfs ( or hfsplus )
> /mnt/cdrom.

The type for almost any data CD-ROM should really be iso9660.  Try
that and see if it helps.

> I am planning to run mol with mac os 9.2 , but if I
> cannot mount the cd , maybe mol will nor work.
> I've also noticed that mac os 9.2 will not work
> correctly with mol. Is it true ?
> is there a way to install mol from an iso ?

Typically you install MacOS outside linux, not from within MOL.  So
you'd boot from one of your CDs, install MacOS to a free partition, then
boot back into linux and install and configure mol.  A pointer to a mol
package for Slackintosh 10.2 was posted to the mailing list just a few
days ago.

I have not heard of problems running mol with MacOS 9.2, but I have only
run OS X with it.  Is there a compelling reason you need 9.2 and can not
use OS X?

--keith

--
kkeller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx