[slackintosh-users] Re: back to the fold...

  • From: Adrian Ulrich <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 10:50:50 +0100

> I am especially looking for emulators - dgen, zsnes (not possible?),
> pcsx-df, bnes, MAME.

Zsnes does not work on PPC (too much asm-only code) but
snes9x works just fine and outperforms zsnes anyway :-)

> I was hoping that VLC might handle any codecs the other two did not,
> but I could be wrong there.

VLC won't do any better: mplayer and vlc both use libavcoded (ffmpeg).
So if mplayer can't play a file, vlc would also fail to do so.

> I seem to be waiting forever for builds, and slackbuild.org has no
> powerpc info in the .Slackbuild file that I have found. Whenever I
> edit this file the build fails.

Post the error message. Looks like your toolchain is broken.

Regards,
 Adrian