[slackintosh-users] Re: back to the fold...

  • From: Adrian Ulrich <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 07:47:15 +0100

> I don't think it is the toolchain,

It is your toolchain unless the errors are ASM-Specific.

> If this doesn't fix the issue, I need to know the powerpc lines to
> inject into .Slackbuild files...

You just need to fixup $ARCH.

> I saw something interesting while compiling Mesa yesterday - it said
> during the make phase: -DUSE_PPC_ASM which I thought was very
> heartening, and may make it possible to build MAME and ZSNES and
> DGEN...?!?

No: -D just sets the USE_PPC_ASM macro.
ZSNES does not include any powerpc ASM and has no 'C' fallback
code for non-x86 hardware. But snes9x works just fine because it is
portable and runs on almost any CPU (x86, ppc, mips, sparc, ....)

--
 RFC 1925:
   (11) Every old idea will be proposed again with a different name and