[slackintosh-users] Re: Any testers?

  • From: John B <johnb316@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 17:14:34 -0400

To add to my previous e-mail, I've learned from building Linux from Scratch
on my B&W PowerMac G3 that yaboot will not build correctly against
e2fsprogs-1.41.12 or later. Here is a link to the starting post of a thread
about errors encountered when building yaboot against the most recent
e2fsprogs:

http://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/yaboot-devel/2011-January/thread.html

Fortunately, there is a patch for yaboot to address the issue raised in that
thread: http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/77840/

Keep this in mind to ensure that slackintosh-current follows Papa Slack as
closely as possible with regard to tools. ;-)

Thanks,
John