[SimpleMail-usr] Re: IMAP & Configuration

  • From: sebauer@xxxxxxxxxxx (Sebastian Bauer)
  • To: <simplemail-usr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 10:57:34 +0100

Hi!

> > Hmm...doesn't look SimpleMail automatically in the Libs directory of
> > PROGDIR: to search for the expat.library...or is this a patch I have
> > installed...?
> I didn't look before, but Yes, EXPAT.LIBRARY is in the SimpleMail LIBS
> directory.  I presume it was intended that SimpleMail would find the
> library there and not put up a requester.

Yes. But that's because I haven't remembered that I have a ramlib patch
installed which also looks for libraries in PROGDIR:Libs.

> Shouldn't INSTALLER have
> installed EXPAT in SYS:LIBS so it could be found by other applications?

There is no installation script. Currently I have the opinion that
SimpleMail should work right out of the box if all the MUI Custom Classes
are installed, as the installation script would also only copy the contents
of the SimpleMail drawer. That's why I have included also the lib in the
archive. Hmm...yes it didn't worked as expected ;)

> I will pay closer attention if the problem returns.  Could it be that
> configuring and activating a  POP account in addition to the IMAP
> account has somehow fixed the problem?

Not that I can think of. This was only a problem when you press the Fetch
button.

Ciao,
Sebastian