[SimpleMail-usr] Re: IMAP & Configuration

  • From: sebauer@xxxxxxxxxxx (Sebastian Bauer)
  • To: <simplemail-usr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 19:59:03 +0100

Hi!

> >Please install the latest NList and NListtree versions available from my
> >homepage http://home.t-online.de/home/sebauer
> >At least the refreshing problem should be gone.
> The latest NList and NListtree were installed prior to installing
> SimpleMail
> 0.18 and I rebooted my Amiga after installing NList(tree) and prior to
> running
> SM 0.18.  I was also required to install EXPAT.LIBRARY.  You don't list
> this
> as a requirement in your docs.

Hmm...doesn't look SimpleMail automatically in the Libs directory of
PROGDIR: to search for the expat.library...or is this a patch I have
installed...?

> >Deleting procedure works as follow:
> >You mark the emails you want to delete.
> >Then you tell to syncronize with the server. SimpleMail will delete the
> >mails on the server and local (by moving them in the local deleted
> >folder,
> >so you can rescue them if this was a mistake).
> Sometimes this works as you describe, but more often not and I have to
> perform
> steps I describe.

Hmm...it's probably not possible for me to get an account for this imap
server?
I have only tested with the web.de imap server because it's the only one I
have access to (and there it seems to work). Maybe some of my assumations
were not correct or so. If anybody nows other free IMAP servers please tell
me about.

> >In this window you can change you subscribed imap folders. You must press
> >"submit to server" if you have changed the subscription status of a
> >folder.
> Thank you for this information.  I am new to understanding how IMAP works.
> This helps.

I'm new too ;) I only have read the RFC for IMAP. Never used this kind of
protocol before.

Ciao,
Sebastian