[sib-access] Re: Trouble With Piano Music

  • From: "Dan Rugman" <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 20:18:54 +0100

>She says she's exporting as type 1.  In a previous e-mail, she mentioned
wanting different sustain pedal points for each hand.  This seems a little
strange.  The only way I think you could do it is to assign different MIDI
channels to individual staves in the mixer.  I don't know whether that's
doable without sight.

I don't think it's possible, even with sight.

I've had a look through all the relevant dialogs and documents and there is
no way that I can find to have each staff of a grand staff using different
playback configurations.

The edit instrument dialog only allows you to choose one sound ID for a
grand staff.

In the mixer, there is no expand strip button on the lower staves of a grand
staff and you can only change channels in the mixer by expanding the strip
first.

Even so, Sibelius should be exporting each staff to a different track.

Dan Rugman

visit the new on-line resource for visually impaired musicians and home of
Sibelius Access.
www.musicaccess.co.uk