[sib-access] Re: Saving from Sibelius 7 Back to 5

  • From: Kevin L Gibbs <kevjazz@xxxxxx>
  • To: sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 15:05:17 -0600

In that case, all of Dave's suggestions come into play.  I do a lot of this
sort of thing with a guy who uses Sib 6.  We both have it.  By mutual
agreement, precisely because of the imperfect saving situation between
versions, once he's laid stuff out in 6, I stay in 6 using my vision and
brilliant powers of deduction to make whatever minor changes i might need to
make.  I do my best to make sure I keep that sort of thing to an emergency
minimum.  In other words, I'm suggesting that you not feel you have carte
blanche to make changes after your engraver has laid out the score/parts in 7.
this may change your work flow somewhat.  but it will save you time and money
in the end.