[sib-access] Re: Grace notes

  • From: "Dale Lieser" <dale.lieser@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 16:15:10 -0400

Saeed,

It might indeed be in the Word menu, as Dave says. If not there, I think it
might be in a playback window, which thing requires sighted assistance.
Also, even though grace notes do not take up rhythmic value in a measure,
once the grace note is in place, its written value can be modified by the
regular choices in the Common Notes template. So a grace note can be written
as a 32nd, 16th, 8th, etc. Again, the non-grace notes of the bar
notwithstanding, choosing rhythmic values of the grace notes themselves
implies interpretation, some of which Sibelius playback recognizes.

Dale